Monday, May 16, 2011

Exam Duas



__________________________________________________________________

Allâhumma infa‘nî bimâ ‘allamtanî wa ‘allimnî ma yanfa‘unî.

Oh Allah! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.
__________________________________________________________________

Allâhumma innî as’aluka fahm an-nabiyyîna wa hifdh al-mursalîn al-muqarrabîn.

Oh Allah! I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.

__________________________________________________________________

Allâhumma ij‘al lisânî ‘âmiram bi-dhikrika wa qalbî bi-khashyatika.

Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of Your remembrance, and my heart with consciousness of You.

__________________________________________________________________
Allâhumma lâ sahla illâ mâ ja‘altahu sahlâ wa anta taj‘alu al-hazana idhâ shi’ta sahlâ.

Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.

______________________________________________________________________

Dua for Anxiety

Allâhumma innî a‘ûdhu bika min al-hammi wa al-hazan. Wa a‘ûdhu bika min al-‘ajzi wa al-kasal.
Wa a‘ûdhu bika min al-jubni wa al-bukhl. Wa a‘ûdhu bika min ghalabat id-dayni wa qahr ir-rijal.

Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from worry and grief, from helplessness and laziness, from cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering of debt and from oppression of men.

____________________________________________________________________


Allahumma infa’nii bimaa ‘allamtanii wa’allimnii maa yanfa’uunii. Allahumma inii as’aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifzal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. Allahumma ijal leesanee ‘aiman bi dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na’mal wakeel.

Oh Allah! Make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me. Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to you. Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of your remembrance and my heart with consciousness of you. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, and you are my availer and protector and best of aid.

____________________________________________________________________

Dua After Studying

Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel

Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and protector and the best of aid.

____________________________________________________________________

Dua While Studying Something Difficult

Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal.

Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what you have made easy. If you wish, you can make the difficult easy.

____________________________________________________________________

Dua For Concentration

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altu sahla, wa 'anta taj-alul hazna idha shi'ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be
Your Will [Ibn Hibban]

 ____________________________________________________________________

Allahumma inni as'aluka 'ilman-naaji'han

O Allah! I ask You for useful Knowledge


Rabbi zidni 'ilman war zuqni fahman

O Allah! Advance me in Knowledge and true understanding

____________________________________________________________________

Ya Alimu, alimni

O All-Knowing, grant me knowledge


Rabbi zidni ilma

O my Lord! Advance me in Knowledge [surah Ta-Ha; 20:114]

____________________________________________________________________


Allahumma zakkirni minhu, wa 'alimni minhu ma jahiltu

O Allah! Assist me to remember it, and teach me whatever I am ignorant of it

____________________________________________________________________